View Single Post
      03-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #611
su_786
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw f36

hi, i am in need of dire help. yesterday i was going to buy an 07 plate 320d se coupe. im 20 years old and was getting quotes for insurance in london for 2500. all was well was going to purchase the car from a trade garage, moments from making payment for the car the offered to do a diagnostic check before it left the courtyard and it came up with the error DPF diesel particulate filter. this made me very worried and leading me to walk away from the deal to think further on the topic. with some research it turns out that some people get the dpf removed completely for around 450 plus an ecu remap. also my other question is that i only do about 50 miles a week how much would it cost me in diesel weekly ? wanted to compare as i had a 2003 fiesta previously and the mpg figures were so terrible for a 1.4 and the running costs for a 2.0 litre diesel really put me off but looking further on other peoples post, i see some people getting around 45 mpg when in the fiesta i was getting around 35-40. please get back to me about the dpf issue and if i should have bought the motor or not im so gutted to let it go it was a space grey colour with deep dish bbs alloys at 7000 pounds. I am new to this forum and i cannot find the post thread option so sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place
Appreciate 0