United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottz71 View Post
install was a beotch...the dead pedal and the accelerator are plastic-molded so easy to drill into and just a bit of 'small-area' working with the wrenches to tighten the nuts/bolts...the brake pedal is the tough one...make sure you line up your 4 holes perfectly, you don't want the pedal to be off-center or leaning in a direction. So...you need an aluminum carbide drill bit to eat through the steel brake pedal. It took a lot of muscle and push power to get those holes in...also make certain you use the right bit first time out. One of my holes I had to end up boring it out b/c the first bit I used was too small...I ended up having to go with a slightly larger nut/bolt combo on that one hole b/c I had messed up the whole...but I covered my ass and you'd never know looking at it...

just TAKE your time...some DIYs say 45mins for the pedals, but shoot for 90 and make sure you measure, check, re-check, and have all the necessary tools. Also -- get a comfy car towel, or a creeper to sit on, as you will be wracking your arms/shoulders under the steering wheel for a good long time...

I love the look, definitely worth the hassle...
My install wasn't too bad....get a drill bit that is just a tad bigger than the screws, line up the pedals and slip the bit through screw holes and drill through the metal....insert screw and vi'ola

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0