Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Not trying to deflect of highjack the post above me but if someone could also potentially help me as well it would be appreciated. My question is in the same vein as the OP.

I have a 12/5 build, 2006 330xi pre-lci with Adaptive Xenons. My goal is to run AE's as DRL without the corners on, i can turn drl off with the stalk but then AE only work with parking lights on.

From my research it seems I will need to either use a harness, or do coding (which I am prepared to invest in the equipment and attempt if it will provide what I want).

Does anyone know if my car can be coded for this and more specifically, if it can be coded in such a way so that I do not need to manually switch the lights to parking lights to gain just AE's. If not, can the parking light selection be coded without corner lights?
Ideally I want the light switched to auto mode position, no corners, just AE's, until dusk where they will automatically switch to my Xenons.

Any insight or direction in my quest would be greatly appreciated thanks.
You will not be able to run them as daytime running lights. You need the 50$ harness for it or use your parking lights. As for coding, you can turn off the amber sidemarkers. If you're located in south Florida I can do this
Appreciate 0