10-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #7
Tonkatoy
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I N55 convertible Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullcitybmmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkatoy View Post
I was getting a miss fire code as well. I had spark plugs at .020. i then pushed them to .025. then that code stopped. the car runs great till I hit it. Then it malfunctions. I know its gonna happen because it starts hesitating and sputtering and then codes immediately out to half horse power . it seems like these codes all have to do with cooling. I guess I could put it on extreme cooling when I drive it.

Thank you guys for your Help
The codes in the image you posted were all misfire codes. 2 of them specifically singled out cylinder 3, so it might be worth a shot to swap out the coil on that cylinder with another and see if the misfire follows the coil to the new cylinder. If it does, you know you've got a bad coil.

These engines are finicky sometimes, it's possible that your car doesn't like that set of NGK plugs. That's what happened the first time I tuned my car, guaranteed misfire at WOT until I just put in a new set of plugs. Interestingly enough, I've had better luck with the OEM Bosch plugs than anything else, so you may just have to play around until you find the winning combination of plugs and coils. It's times like these that companies like FCP Euro and their return policy really come in handy.
Thank you.
I will do that in the am tomorrow. swapping 3 and 2 around

I guess next time I'll do Bosch plugs in it.

thanks again Jeff