View Single Post
      11-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
As title really, need to find out who, where from (country), etc details for a particular email address. Long story, cut short, I have one of my classic bikes advertised on the net, and initially had an enquiry from an overseas buyer who turned out to be a scam merchant & total arse*ole . I obviously refused to sell it to him, he has since over a long period "engineered" other individuals & companies to buy it/scam it on his behalf.

So I am now suspicious of every enquiry I get, and the whole scenario is getting a bit wearing , just need a way of finding out who the sender is, without sending them lots of probing emails and playing Sherlock Holmes all the time.

The address to reply to, is forwarded in a message from the site it is advertised on, so normal checks only reveal the sites details, not the potential buyer's, any methods legal or otherwise of checking it out would be appreciated.

I don't suppose anyone here works at GCHQ, so any suggestions greatly appreciated, please PM me if need be.
Have a google for checking the headers that show the originating IP.
Then you can look up the IP to see which country it originates from.
This might be fooled by the perpetrators use of proxy servers or VPNs though.

GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0