View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #61
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
If you want to use an external DAC you'll need one with HDMI in (do those even exist?). Most (if not all) DACs have Toslink optical input.

The Kivic has a bult-in DAC, but not sure what quality. You can hook up RCAs through the 3.5 mm port with an adapter cable like I use.
I am trying to see if there is a way to separate the audio signal from HDMI to a toslink Output. If there is a cost effective way, this is the route I would go. I just hate hacking together all these things to get these results. I would almost sacrifice some sound quality to just use the outboard audio on the Kivic. As the sound fidelity in my car stereo is nowhere near the sound fidelity in my home.

Anything will be better than the bluetooth solutions and I just hate having wires all over the place.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0