View Single Post
      02-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #482
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozh View Post
I have not played with PerfExpert much despite having the program and a decent phone mount. Finding a flat even stretch of road in the city is a challenge. TestO, I'll try to grab for you once this snow disappears, otherwise I do not get out of 30mph range lately. We have not had snow for the past 3 years...
Yeah, finding a good place that can be used consistently is key. As long as I follow the same procedure and use the same stretch of road, and avoid times when there's wind, the repeatability of the tool has been impressive. And repeatability is critical for being able to quantify benefits.

This website is great for showing the elevation on google maps: https://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-go...d-altitude.htm

You could use it to scout out sections of road to get an idea of the elevation profile. I also have a lot of altimeter data for local county roads based on years of biking with my Garmin GPS/altimeter cycle computer.

The place I use is a location I can drive to on the way to work, and it in the dark mornings I can see if there are cars for miles in any direction. It's surrounded by corn/bean fields and there's very little traffic when I drive into work. I don't do any testing if there's anyone even remotely close to the location...