View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
Two years ago I bought my 330i with 46k km on the clock, it then asked for a litre of oil and my calculation was that it had done 6500 km so was pretty concerned! Then another 8100 km later it asked for another litre so a little better. Soon after went in for service which was beginning of this year. A month or so ago (5000 km later) the oil level was still showing max, now it has dropped to 75% level, so if it continues in this fashion it will need to be topped up once before normal scheduled service in 2014, but going to change the oil beginning of next year anyway and continue to change the oil annually since I don't do very high mileage most of the time...

These E90 engines are known to use oil apparently, but to what degree is the question, and based on what type of driving etc.
Yeah I'm checking the level every few days now to make sure I'm not leaking catastrophic amounts lol.

I really hope it was just that the previous oil change didn't add enough / very very small amount burned.

I'll chime in back in this thread when I close in on 80k miles. I'll be doing oil change, coolant, and tranny fluid (doing it every 40k miles)
Appreciate 0