DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
But I believe that's the point, CJ isn't going to buy a harness bar just so end of day he uses the stock belts, then the harness bar serves no purpose. The 5/6pt harness in combination with the harness bar will not budge one bit. You'll be fully upright and if the roof caves, you have nowhere to go. With a stock 3 point harness, you're not fully upright and you do have freedom in your neck to move your head forward. It's not even something you'd actively have to do but gravity would naturally move your head forward.

There's no question about BK's reputation and quality, but I think consensus concern is that their bar holding up during a crash doesn't have anything to do with rollover; rather the focus is rollover and "submarining" concern here.
This sounds, honestly, like a modern version of the "I don't wear seat belts because in case of a fire, I have to be able to get out of the car" argument.

Sure, in the case of a very particular type of rollover, the harness could be a detriment. In every other conceivable type of accident, the harness would hold you better and protect you better. Not to mention that it will lessen your fatigue from trying to hold yourself, reducing the chance of an accident in the first place.

I guess I'd like to see the statistics on "people killed due to harnesses" vs. "People saved due to harnesses". Since the harness is optional safety equipment each of us can make our own decision and I respect yours; but lets make it an informed decision and learn the numbers and learn what risks we are taking on.
Appreciate 0