View Single Post
      02-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #774
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328xi

kaigoss69 & Squidly, I just tested your theory,,, and it didnt work for me. But it could be my setup.

I reverted back the underseat polarity to normal (+to+, -to-). Re-calibrated the system and played some tracks that overlapped both the lo's and mid's. I could definitely feel the sub imaging coming from the trunk. Before I wasn't able to differentiate the front stage and the sub.

Reverted the polarity and re-calibrated. All back to normal. I can't differentiate the front stage and sub.

Is there an easy way to identify if my wiring is correct for underseat. Cable I used has marking for positive and negative terminals, however without removing the underseat woofer trim I can't be sure if I have the properly connected the the correct terminal. I did this over an year ago.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
I'm impressed Squidly, you did your homework! I actually didn't even think about that LOL. So with the 3-way front, having the sub connected to the low outputs, you can keep the polarity of the sub the same as the underseats.

Having said that, it is still good to experiment. In my car, for example, I'm running a 3-way active front, and despite auto-T/A, I had to put the left tweeter in reverse polarity for it to sound good. In the end, your ears are the ultimate judge, not the algorithm in the processor.
Appreciate 0