02-23-2015, 04:20 AM   #783
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy
At this point its just a nitpick thing... i'm just asking because there is just something psychological about "losing" power by having to boost the level up higher than what you had to before to get the same volume. I know i can boost amp gains more than what i had them at before to compensate, but i want to keep those as low as possible to minimize the hiss.

That said, I'm happy with what the ms-8 has done for me so far, and tweaking over the weekend hasn't produced much more significant improvement over what i consider great sound that i have now, so i don't think i'm really planning any additional changes for now.

If the answer is, there's nothing that can be done about it, thats cool. I'm just asking to see if missed anything. I'm prob just bored right now :-) although i know that once i get my sub, this whole shenanigans is going to start all over again
Buy a line driver if that makes you happier! It may also reduce hiss if you have any.