View Single Post
      04-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
330istocknot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330chino

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenup View Post
I quickly went through your thread, I believe 2AAC refers to the inner DISA valve. I will be working on the vanos solenoids this weekend.

A CEL came back today, for exhaust vanos and outer big DISA. At the same moment the car went into the poor running mode and, voila, intake noise returned.

I plugged in my phone and started carly real time engine parameter, albeit a pathetic 5 second refresh interval. At idle, one of the DISAs was at 5% and the other at 4.69%. Both should be 100% closed. Whether the car just quits actuating the DISAs when it senses either one at fault or because of the VANOS, I don't know. Maybe someone can shed some light on this
I was getting VANOS codes as well, replaced them both the codes dissapeared. As to 2AAC for inner VISA, ive seen a few people that the same code for the outter DISA and by replacing it, it fixed. I took out the DISA valve and it looks like its stuck open, i tried to manually flip it and nothing, it is extremely stuck. Also tested with the accessories on, and you can hear the motor inside the valve struggling to flip the flap. I will replace the VALVE as soon as i get it and will report back to you and see if it fixed the 2AAC.
Appreciate 0