TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens View Post
You can wire it like this.

Using this connector, if you want to make it permanent you cut into the red wire and use two of the blue connectors (they are simple crimpers to splice two wires together) you can get at any hardware store usually.

Depending on the switch you get your wiring will be different, for these latching anti vandal push buttons you can wire NC or NO. Normally open, or normally closed, depending on what you want the pressed state of the button to be. LED wiring may vary. You don't need to ground, so your assumption is correct, the switch is inline. In positive, out positive. You only need to ground if you are using a switch with an LED that needs to get grounded.

Run wires under the liner up through the back of the trunk along otherwires and under the seat, up the center, or whatever

This is the switch I like and am using, no LED
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ok thank you so much for the great reply. I understand now.

One last question if I don't want to tap the stock harness, is there a way I could tap using the connector ends? I could make a harness myself I guess but then the ground would still need to go straight to the other side some how.

While I want something permanent for me I rather not have something permanent to the whole life of the car know what I mean.
Appreciate 0