05-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #17
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacE90 View Post
I am buying the motor and trans, and electrical for myself. The hood was tied down and the weather has been nice and dry with low relative humidity at night. The car will be stored inside through the summer and winter if needed.
The bolt on the OFH is sheered off.

With regards to swapping, I can do the wiring and my buddy is a fabricator. While it was my only one, I did swap a 3.5l from a late 80s E24 in to my E12. I had to make a new harness though no fabrication was needed.

I appreciate your and everyone's comments. The 'sounding board' that is this forum is priceless! Here are two more pictures of engine exposure. I put rags in the exposures and covered with plastic today. I'll make my final decision in the morning and pick it up with my trailer or go pull off my plates!

Keep the comments and opinions flowing please!!
Lord, what a mess. Good to see the 3rd bolt didn't break the head.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0