10-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #14
Yattara
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCstyle View Post
Hey everyone!

I recently retrofitted Combox in my 335i E92 '09. I really liked the feature to read my SMS, but it wasn't very useful for me because 99% I only text over WhatsApp. I searched for hours for a solution, but didn't find any (on Android).

Then I had an idea how to implement this. So I went to a friend, and we developed our app "SMS Notification Forwarder", which implements my idea. Conclusion: It works

First version of our app was just uploaded to the PlayStore and should be online in a few hours/days. The price of the app is about 5$.

How it works:
- it's a open-source SMS/MMS-app, which we use to add our features.
- the app has implemented an notification-listener, which catches WhatsApp-notifications and saves them to SMS database. Those are readable then from iDrive (and in every car/device which supports Bluetooth-MAP-profile).
- the app has to be the default SMS/MMS-client, and Notification-access has to be enabled for it to work (Android restriction).
- it only works on Android from 5.0 (iOS-development is not planned yet)
- it *doesn't* need root-access or similar
- there isn't any configurable options right now, the feature is enabled by default

The app is only working, if you already can read SMS in iDrive (so Combox is installed). This is a requirement!

Coming up:
- smiley-parser
- auto SMS-delete
- support for other apps

Like I already told, it's the first version, so there will be bugs. But we're continously improving the app.

We're open to inputs or new ideas

Greets

EDIT: App is now online: PlayStore

Hi mate. Even the probability of seeing WhatsApp messages on my screen got me excited enough. I will have combox very soon. How will we do this with the "sms & notifications" application. can you give me some information please?
Appreciate 0