Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
I had thought about UUC Black trans mounts, but when I googled them for reviews, the results ended up to be mixed in nature. Conversely, I could not find one, single bad review of the Rogue Engineering Trans Mounts.

I don't have MHD on or any tune on my car. My turbos have 153,000 miles on them. I fixed the wastegate rattle and installed new turbo seals. So far, the car runs strong. So, trying not to push my luck. I just installed new, index 12 injectors. If and when I get new turbos, I'll install new plugs & coils. At that time, I'll look into MHD for sure.
TBH a lot of these trans mounts are much of a muchness. I got the UUC's over the rogue's as I found a set on ebay very cheap and since I reside in Australia the ebay seller shipping was very cheap compared to buying direct from rogue or UUC whom were very expensive for two small mounts.

How did you fix your wastegate rattle? wastegate repair kit? I had my oem turbos rebuilt with this kit was curious to know how long the rebuilt arms would last (I sold my oem turbos as rebuilt turbos to offset the cost of my new turbos)

Hmm TBH MHD is more then just a tune, you can use it to log your vehicle, use it to monitor and clear codes and also raise the RPM etc etc I know you can flash the oem map with MHD, FWIW $100 or so might be worthwhile to get MHD to raise your RPM slightly?
Tunes can tough on turbos, injectors, coils & plugs. Bring that I have original OEM turbos with 153,000 miles, I don't want to push my luck.

To fix the wastegate rattle you have to first turn the actuator screw, on the rear turbo 2 1/2 x.

For the front turbo, you buy two no. 8, stainless steel washers & modify them. You take a dremmel or a grinder wheel and cut out a section of the washers so you have a horse shoe shape left.

The next step is to loosen the actuator housing bolt on the front turbo from up top. Then working underneath the car you need a telescope/magnet type pick up tool. Use that to carefully place both horseshoe shaped washers "in-between the block & actuator housing. I superglued the washers together. End result is that will create more tension on the actuator rod and get rid of wastegate.

If for some reason both these tricks don't get rid of wastegate or they do, but after a period of time the wastegate comes back, then you will absolutely need new turbos. Maybe not right that day, because you can still have a functional car with wastegate, but it's only a matter of time before your get the dreaded 30ff code.

I bought the rogue trans mounts from Bimmerworld, which is a vendor that just deals with BMW's.
Appreciate 0