11-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #5
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
There is no universal standard. The OEM Sachs I've pulled were mostly 21. The Bilsteins I've installed were mostly 19s, but I think I've seen 17s and 22s. Might not have been beemers...

Removing with air tools is OK, but installing with air tools is NOT. The cut-out sockets are crap. A GearWrench pass-through socket set is well worth the price.
I guess that might be why I can't seem to find a consensus. I'll see if I can find the socket tonight. The struts on the car now are OEM and the new ones are Koni Special Active, if that helps - I just ordered them yesterday so I don't physically have them to inspect. Obviously I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff and then having to order more tools and wait while the boxes pile up...

Would a a deep offset box wrench work or not enough clearance? I don't have a set of those but it might be time to order some, then I'd have all the sizes covered. of course now that I'm looking it appears that KC Tool (my usual source for German tools) only sells singles?
Appreciate 0