View Single Post
      03-27-2021, 02:08 PM   #719
Jakey1973
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M Sport Business Ed

Hi guys, hoping someone has some answers here :-)

I have just swapped out CIC Business to CIC Professional and Navigation is greyed out.
So I followed the steps at the beginning of this post, managed to get the 1b.hex file and used the fsc generator to grab the activation codes.

I have downloaded the map files (EUROPE WEST PREMIUM 2021-1) and put them onto a 32GB FAT32 usb drive and inserted into glovebox USB port and the it shows the update available and activation screens. However both (non and lifetime) codes are not valid and it will not update.

First thing i have noticed is the generator offered ROAD MAP EUROPEAN WEST PREMIUM (USB) 2021-1 - a slightly different name to the map files I have downloaded. Should the names match? If they should match, it may explain what the codes are not working.

Secondly thing I have now noticed the 1b.hex file is not 319mb, instead its 1Kb. And I also noticed there is an fsc.bat file that came down from the the new CIC.

Have I done or not done something prior to attempting this nav update?

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

Edit: the 1b hex file is indeed 319bytes.
And after reading the file with winhex, it seems it might contain the original VIN rather than my VIN ?!??

Last edited by Jakey1973; 03-27-2021 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0