View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
eurodiy
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Window won't auto up and turn signal won't cancel after jumpstart

Hi,

How are you guys? I'm having a bit of an issue with my E90 2011 335xi. I've been reading a lot of the issues i'm having so the purpose of this post is to run it by you and see if I missed something before sending it to the dealer.

We had a really cold week in Ottawa/Canada maybe 3 weeks ago. I had to jumpstart the car one morning. My battery might be going too. So that's something to keep in mind.

For what it's worth, my car has two mods done. JB4 + Alpina transmission flash.

Problem #1:
Front driver and front passenger Windows won't auto up
When I double press the window button to bring the window down, it will automatically go down on it's own. As usual. If I bring it up, I have to leave my finger on the button since it won't "auto up" to full close position.

One procedure I found was, with the JB4 turned off (no maps loaded), get the car in ignition only and close the window. Bring the window down and keep pressing the window button for 20 sec. Release the button then bring the window up and keep pressing the window button for another 20 sec. I did this several times with no sucess. At one point, the windows wouldn't even move

Problem #2:
Another issue I've been having since I jumpstarted the car, is that my turn signal doesn't cancel when I turn. From what I read, you have to "re-initialise" the wheel sensor because the sensor doesn't know, or hasn't learn the position of your wheel. I disconnected my battery for about 5 minutes, re-connected it and I had the 4x4 error, which is what I wanted. I then turned the wheel from lock to lock completely, then drove off and see if the turn signal was cancelling. Same thing.

I do have access to the INPA software, which you can go in and choose the FRM from the chassis section and proceed with the windows de-initilisation and then re-learn. I did that as well. The window will simply come down during initialisation and never back up. The auto-down works, it's only the auto-up.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the very long post.
Appreciate 0