View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #400
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Y'all got so unlucky. Bought my car from a guy that was highly place in an insurance company. This being said, the car was paid by his work so was all the maintnance at BMW. Under warranty, this car was taking care of extremly well.

I now own this car since December 14 2017 where I got it at 95K Km. I am now at 110K Km with MHD Stage 1+ Tune and other support mods. 1 month after I got the car I tuned it to MHD Stage 1.

Prior to me owning the vehicle, appart from regular maintnance, the water pump was changed and a small leak at the oil housing was notes of files.

When I owned the car, I replaced that gasket and did an oil change using Castrol Edge 0W40. Also had my expansion tank blow up and leak on me so I replaced that as well. I also installed a new control arm on passenger side. No spark plug change yet, doing that this summer along with MHD Stage 2+ and downpipe. Other than that I also replaced my windshield washer pumps.

I am a student and I know some problems will be comming down the line, but I am still going to go FBO and maybe swap the turbos.

Now I said that y'all were unlucky, but thinking about it now I realised I inversed the role and I was the lucky one.

Sure you can go out and look for new cars where you will most likely encouter some different type of problems (if you are looking at cars with the same specs/hp level) that have not yet been revealed, but I will probably keep this car and bring it back to life as long as I still have the time and funds to do it. If you probably can't keep up with the car's demand maybe you should consider switching because honestly, I can only seing it get worse.

Now, yes some of these car demands aren't suppose to happen (especially something as important as these bearings), I totally agree. But it's still a 335, people won't drive it like a Civic (although in some places in the engine it feels that it was so cheaply built) meaning that the car wears down in irregular ways and faster.

It feels like buying a BMW is now known as a hassle for everyone. It kinda is. But I often remind myself why I bought it in the begining and its defenetly because of the fact that it has an insanely great mod capacity, support and tuning and this is what I find, in some way, "reliable".

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 02-11-2019 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0