View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #45
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
As someone who "gave in" to the marketing and brought one of Shiv's systems, I find these pervasive, multi-thread arguments to be just odd. I read them over and over and the counterarguments seem to stem from theory and anecdotes, both of which might be valid in their own right, but do little to invalidate what Shiv is doing. I got exactly what I paid for, and the problems I face are exactly the problems Shiv outlined to me ahead of time. It was through dyno testing that I witnessed, first-hand, the effects of 1: an aging fuel pump running 100% E85, 2: the occasional hiccup of a brand new fuel pump running E85 (not as bad as the old one), and 3: the effects of the torque on the clutch.

I will likely be getting this fuel pump set up, as well, since my fuel pumps cannot keep up with the E85 flow. Additionally, I would like my fuel pump system to last much longer, and my LPFP is already being overstressed with the extra flow. I will likely have the fuel pump install done with the clutch job, once I get my hands on an aftermarket clutch to get an idea of driving feel.

I've sent my car to FFTEC a couple of times, and, I don't know. Even Shiv's suggestions for mod-friendly dealerships were right on the mark. Should I be feeling scammed by now, as people's criticisms and first-priority emphasis on marketing seem to insist? All I feel like is a satisfied customer. Someone help me out, here.
First off I actually have a Procede in my car so in no way am I just bashing Vishnu. Here is the issue I have. Anyone can spout off some numbers, just like in the original post. There is no evidence to back any of the numbers up in a real world application, where are the pressure logs? Does the pump work? SURE it does, I absolutely believe that anyone that has gotten this pump setup so far has nothing to complain about.

But, a large portion of the the post was bashing and blatantly saying his setup is superior to any other option available. At 3 times the price it better be. If the claim is valid and true then comparison logs of multiple pump setups of fuel pressure will prove it

It is a completely reasonable for consumers to expect real unbiased data to backup any claims. The reason he doesn't provide any is because he doesn't have to. It seems whatever he says is simply taken as fact.
Appreciate 0