01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #62
Ferruccio
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMcSass View Post
So your position is that stating other alternatives "won't work" and are "inherently flawed" combined with unsupported flow numbers showing their fuel pump flows "24% more", etc, are not intended to persuade would be consumers their product is "vastly superior"?
No. I did not make a proclamation of his intent. You did that. I am telling you that you do not have enough information to make a proclamation. I did not get enough out of that quote to make any sort of statement of his intent to the level that you did.

Quote:
The quotes are from a fuel pump discussion thread on this forum. If you search the text of his quote in this section you can locate the thread. My observations of the marketing approach come from reviewing multiple threads. This specific thread appears to be Vishnu's "response" to some other related thread. I think you are being a bit naive to assume each thread is completely independent and that statements made in one thread are invalid in another related thread.
The problem with this is that you are quoting out of context. This is why forum etiquette typically keeps entire discussions within a thread, to keep things from getting messy, like what you're doing.

Quote:
As to why I am posting in this thread. Why are you posting in this thread? Is a good back story a prerequisite to state your opinion on the Internet? I am interested in N54 fuel system upgrades and came here looking for hard data. Instead I found hard rhetoric and propaganda and now I'm voicing my displeasure over it.
I am posting in this thread because I am likely getting the product. That's what I said on my first post in this thread. Your criticisms, thus far, have been vague, and seem to amount to "Shiv trying to sell a product." Well, yeah. That's the point of this thread. You should expect inherent bias in data from someone who's selling a product. I do not see what is so new about this. If you expect unbiased data from someone selling a product, you're fooling yourself. Instead of proclaiming what humanity has historically done when selling a product, a simple "I would love to see (X Y Z figures) to get further information" would suffice. Or, you could do what I did, and wait for customer reviews of the product to come out. :P
Appreciate 0