View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #9
GTGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M440i GC

Garage List
Some updated on the vehicle...While I don't have the prior maintenance records my dealership was able to see what has been done on the car at other BMW service centers. To answer some of the above questions:
- HPFP and Water Pump have not been changed
- I've been getting the intake solenoid and reduced boost pressure error so I took out both VANOS solenoids, cleaned, swapped positions, and cleared the codes. Today I got another engine malfunction, checked the codes, and now the error is on the exhaust, so definitely a problem with the solenoid itself as the error has swapped with the solenoid.
- Had the serpentine belt changed and inspected by the dealer - other than it needs new pads and rotors they said the car was in good condition. I was planning to upgrade the pads and rotors this fall so I told the dealer to leave it alone.
- Was checking the codes when messing with the VANOS and found a transmission 5a5b fault - this one has me more worried. I'm hoping it was a fluke as I took the car of an 8 hour round trip drive on Saturday so maybe it overheated???
- The car is still running rough and after starting the engine it takes some time for the tach to settle down. I'm hoping later this fall when I clean the intakes, do plugs and coils, and fix the VANOS solenoids it will settle down and run smoother.
Appreciate 0