View Single Post
      08-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #1150
CloudFX
Rep
Drives: N43B20

Hey guys, so I decided to join the forum after trying and exhausting every solution there is with my N43.

Here's my issue, the car hesitates to start properly if the engine is warmed up, I've seen it do it on cold starts as well but like once in 100 or more cranks, most of the time it's doing it when the engine is warm. This has been going on for three years now, my bet is on leaky injectors since they are all index 3 known to have issues but I'm also scared of changing all 4 injectors on a perfectly working car just to find out that wasn't the problem. So now, moving on to the next thing, so far I've changed the following.

New OE starter
Complete timing chain and tensioner kit OE
New plugs
New coils
New crankshaft sensor OE ( used to throw the code )

Ran several diagnostics on ISTA-D trying to get to the bottom of it every single day since I have the tester at home. The car throws no fault codes apart from 2EF8 DME Thermostat activation ( already bought the thermostat waiting for it to be replaced )

There's no HPFP low pressure code or something wrong related to it ( however, once I've checked the pressure value in ISTA as soon as I stop the engine the pressure drops somewhat rapidly from 150k mbar and after about 10minutes it will reach a value of 5k mbar)
No LPFP issue as well ( holds pressure )
No missfire codes, never had 'em
No surging or hesitation, pulls perfectly
Cyl compression is over 11
Injector values on ista are between the values of -30 and +30

The dealer has a hard time telling why it does it and can't seem to know why, went to some other good mechanics that I know and their bet seems to either be the fuel pressure regulator or the injectors but most likely they said the injectors might leak. It also smells like gasoline when the car is cold but I suppose that's because the catalyst only does it's job when it's up to temp.

Does anyone have some sort of ideas? The car runs perfectly, never let me down in three years apart from this dreaded and never ending hard starting issue. I've noticed that the spark plugs on cyl 2 and 3 were really black when I changed them the last time.

The car has exactly 100k miles and it's an 08. Checked all injectors, they're all index 3

Last edited by CloudFX; 08-17-2018 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0