Thread: Syria
View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #148
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

A White House doorman? That must be a seriously cool job to have!

I think Wikileaks is credible as none of their information has been disproved, as far as i'm aware. Also the fact that the US are seriously on Assange's case shows they aren't happy with their secrets being released. Therefore i believe the not-for-profit wikileaks is a far more credible source of infomation than any news broadcaster.

The followng joint statement was made at the G20 summit today/yesterday by a few countries, including the US and UK:

Quote:
"The use of chemical weapons anywhere diminishes the security of people everywhere," the statement said.

"Left unchallenged, it increases the risk of further use and proliferation of these weapons."
I actually can't believe they expect the public to take that statement seriously. Maybe most of the public do, due to them being disillusioned and blinded by their love for their country, which should not be the same as their love for their ruling Government. But unfortunately i suspect in most cases it is as people are not prepared to make that distinction.

So tony, do you at least accept that the US Government is hypocritical, in regards to the use of chemical weapons?

If you do agree with the US being hypocritical, then surely they can't be going in Syria for moral reasons? Logic states that, due to them using chemical weapons themselves in the past, this act does not violate their morals (because obviously if it did go against their morals they would not have used chemical weapons themselves). Therefore it is illogical that another country using chemical weapons would violate the US' moral standards, apart from two exceptions:

1) The US believe they, and allies such as the UK and Israel, are far more superior to other countries and therefore have the moral right to use chemical weapons.

2) The US have suddenly changed their moral standards and have decided that the use of chemical weapons is immoral.

I'm inclined to go with number one. Or, if morality isn't the reason, then it's another unknown reason.

I never thought in a million years the US Government would be helping the rebels, who are lunatics with links to Al Quaeda and murder Syrian Christians. How do you think your troops feel after fighting Al Quaeda for over a decade, seeing lives lost to them, and now they are helping them out? It has also been revealed that the CIA are training rebels to use military weapons and communication equipment. What about the War on Terror?

Last edited by mob17; 09-06-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0