09-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #149
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar2008
6000 deaths in the battle between Israel and Palestine since 2000? Not far off, here's the actual figures - At least 1,104 Israelis and 6,829 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000, that's a ratio of nearly 7 to 1 in this war. Of the 6,829 Palestinians, 1,519 were children and approximately 3,800 were civilians.

The taking of land by Israeli's is an illegal act in international law, yet the US continues to 'allow' their friend to do it.

Al Jazeera TV has as much right to exist and be referenced as the BBC or NBC or whatever your news service of choice happens to be! If you've never watched a bit of Al Jazeera news channel on Sky, I suggest you give it 5minutes of your time - it doesn't follow the news agenda of western news channels and therefore provides a sometimes interesting balance.

Trusting what the media (any media) reports to us as 'facts' should always be open to question. US media watchdog FAIR - Fairness and Accurary in Reporting - make the comment that when a foreign government is in favour with the US, with the White House, it's human rights record is basically off the mainstream media agenda, and when they do something that puts them out of favour with the US government, the foreign government's human rights abuses are, all of a sudden, major news.
This is the real issue ! I am of Palestinian origin, I have family in the West Bank and also Saidon in South of Lebanon. Israel is persecuting the Palestinians and the US are allowing / funding it.

I love America and enjoy visiting often however the government and their foreign policy stinks, full of double standards and personal agendas.

Anyway wrt the issue in Syria - did Assad use Chem weapons ? If he did then he should be brought to justice (so should every other gov who has btw !!) but tbh we don't really know do we??

The people have voted and we aren't going in - which is good IMO.

All I ask is that we represent a civilised and developed world and be decent to each other on this thread - it started well but has got a bit personal in the last few pages.

I agree with a lot of what Mob has said but of course everyone is entitled their opinions whether for or against but keep it nice people !!

Much love x
Appreciate 0