View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #4942
snaeem155
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
This specific lag was due to a software update BMW did, my car was affected at the time, two or three updates later this problem went away, but in between it caused other issues such as the waste gate rattle. My 07 has the latest software which was done probably 10 yrs ago and the car has been fine ever since.

You will need to know which software you car is running and I doubt it has the software which was affect since any maintenance done on the car since the issue showed up would have caused the dealer to update the software. My car was fine then they did this update as standard course of warranty and maintenance work and I immediately had the issue and was piss they update the software without my permission. I also doubt if you have full warranty car, this problem predates your car.

I personally do not remember BMW ever acknowledging this was an issue, they just made a number of software updates to address various issues. Your car could have a lag issue for a number of reason now of which related to the software, Like all of us who dealt with this issue you just need to get the tech working on the car take it for drive and see what is happening.
I've taken it multiple times to BMW who claim nothing is wrong.

I have wastegate rattle on startup, lag up until 3k where the car then takes off, lower fuel economy and a loud exhaust (almost sounds aftermarket).

Going through the thread its pretty much the same symptoms everyone else had.
Appreciate 0