LYEGUY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYEGUY View Post
Thanks again for getting back to me so soon.

It could just be me I am very finicky about sounds and I can only hear it with the windows down at lower speeds. Also I've been paying more attention and it only seems to be happening at lower RPM's with partial throttle openings.

With that being said I have ordered a rebuild kit as well as a spring kit for my forge DV's and I'm gonna message Wedge about getting a custom tune.

How do I go about getting thicker lines to my DV's?

Thanks again and I look forward to your response
Key point - "partial throttle openings"......therefore you have a differential between the boost pressure in your charge pipe and the boost pressure in the intake manifold.
The diverter valves crack open with about a 4 psi differential and you should hear a hissing sound as the valves bleed off the pressure difference.

Is that what you are referring to a surging?

I experienced turbo flutter on my GTI and it sounded like chirping - not hissing.

When I go part throttle on my 135i, the forge valves hiss quite a bit until I fully open the throttle. It's just boost pressure in the charge pipe getting ahead of the pressure in the manifold because the throttle plate is partially restricting full flow and this triggers the DV's to crack
I would describe the sound as someone trying to make a machine gun sound with there mouth (Hope that makes sense) Definately not a chirping though
Appreciate 0