Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post
See this is what I was thinking...

It would be kinda stupid if BMW changed the way the FMIC is positioned/the way it looked. Why not just use the same intercooler from the N54 and change the plumbing pre-intercooler? That's why I asked in my first post if they could be interchangable, as well as a bov, because post-intercooler plumbing looks the same between the N54 and N55, at least from what I have seen...

Now there will only be one DP, maybe that means there will be more room and a catted 3" DP could be made for the xDrive models. And of course the catbacks would probably have a Y-pipe instead of an H or X pipe setup, because of the single turbo.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out...

If I were a vendor on here I would research what vendors and tuners in the MINI community have done with the R56 Cooper S. They've had since 2007 to come up with solutions for their twin-scroll and while I know there's a big difference between an inline six and transverse mounted four banger, a few concepts from the twin-scroll turbo may carry over. My JCW Cooper S is a blast to drive on the track and at Tire Rack in AutoX events. It's an R53 though... with a roots-type blower.
Do we know if this is going to have a dual or single exhaust?

Mike
Appreciate 0