View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
trbizwiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by keynote2017 View Post
Thanks for the review and posts on here, ive been looking to get one of these but was put off by the company names. Are they all the same? ive seen some for £300 but others at £480.
I have read that they are all made in the same factory, and perhaps different vendors add their own spin to them. I can say I am a less than patient customer, and Eonon has been quite responsive to my inquiries via email. I am in the US and purchased mine directly from Eonon via their eBay store. My cost was $249 US funds. I too was put off by the name, and would probably have preferred a name brand unit form Kenwood or Alpine or something. Sadly those manufacturers don't see a need to build vehicle specific units. I would also greatly an Apple carplay feature, though I do not expect to ever see that in an Android powered machine.
Being a Chinese brand and Anroid powered, you should expect a learning curve and some fiddling to get it setup for your preferences. Just as the memory setting I posted above.
I still do not have access to Google maps. But I will keep digging until I get it to work.
Sorry if this is a thread jack, but I just thought I would expand on the topic. I know when I do a forum search it is nice when you can find all relevant material in one thread.
Appreciate 0