alexus
boomshakalaka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MSport (F30)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
Haven't gotten around to it. I'm in a car club that rents the place for a day once a year and I was out of town when they did it this time around.
what club is that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker87 View Post
1) Don't try to go too fast. Follow the directions of your instructor and be predictable, and by the end of the day you will be fast, have fun, and drive your car home! If you try to go too fast too soon, you won't do any of those three.
my goal isn't to go too fast, my goal is to learn how to "go too fast"), that being said, #1 goal is to be safe for myself and for my car too))

Quote:
2) If you are at all mechanically inclined, the one thing you want to do in preparation is bleed your brakes with some good quality brake fluid. The stock pads should be OK for this type of thing, but the fluid can overheat pretty easily, especially if it hasn't been changed and has absorbed some water. I use Motul RBF600, but Ford Motorcraft DOT 4 is also good and popular. If you can't get any of that, a fresh bleed of pretty much any fluid is better than nothing.
although I did service few weeks back, I should be OK, I'm not going go crazy anyways ;p but I'll check into this, thanks!)

Quote:
3) Have fun! This isn't a race, and that should always be the goal!
My Ducati on track was fun, I think 335IS should be fun too))

Appreciate 0