09-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #35
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3103 View Post
Anneka, this is all great stuff.

If there's an internal feedback route you could take, please can you feedback that it would be nice if all the functions of the iphone actually worked like they do with other smart phones too? I'm thinking reading text messages out and e-mails etc. I know they've started giving access to the calendar recently which is a great advance.

Thanks for giving us the heads up on all this.
Hi Phil,

BMW Connected Drive is ever evolving and for newer vehicles with option 6NR (Mobile Application Preparation), developments are being made every few months with the iTunes downloadable app allowing you to get even more out of your iPhone.

The latest development along with the introduction of Calendar display was text to speech function for Twitter, Facebook and Calendar. The last available App update was made available on the iTunes store on August 5th.
I haven't heard any news yet about email to speech, however I expect that this will also become an available function.

I am not sure if plans are in place to attempt full iPhone integration via snap in cradles, although I am assuming a greater level of functionality will be made available when the iPhone station and accompanying BMW Application are finally launched.

Anneka
Appreciate 0