12-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #25
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Brian,

What custom map do you use? I'm heading to Laguna Seca this weekend. I plan on running 11-25 Aggressive, Stage 0, Map 4. From what I hear, it peaks around 12psi. But, I'm unsure until I load it tomorrow.
Well Laguna is not a super hard track for engines, assuming good suspension, sticky tires and skill so you can keep momentum up, so it will probably be fine on the regular default maps. however, you'll just have to adjust according to the conditions you're seeing.

Personally, I am always on the more conservative side for 20-30 minute track sessions, knowing that 380hp is not going to get significantly faster times or more fun. (when talking about a going to 420hp for a single lap time attack shootout the power comes more relevant)

Not sure where you heard STG 0 is 12psi peak, but that's pretty low. When I did the dyno testing of all different aggressive maps, STG 1 was still at 16psi in the midrange.

12psi with advanced timing and Lower IATs, that's probably around 340hp at 240*, and going down on power as temp rises.
In any case, my conservative suggestion is to use the 7-29 maps, autotuning off, and increase meth by 15pts across the board. I could send you the specific one i wrote, I'd you'd like.

Last edited by BrianMN; 12-30-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0