Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Thanks. I have been eyeing up the ER dual core setup for a while too; and actually saw it for the first time about a week after I got the first AR Oil cooler.

I'll likely swap out the OEM oil cooler for a better core and see how that goes.
That's also what I did as - similar to you - I still got too high oil temps after installing the AR oil cooler (although this one already dropped the temps somewhat). Right now I'd use the ER sports oil cooler that replaces the stock core with one that is double the size. In my case this has eliminated all oil temperature problems for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
I've already got pure distilled with RL's Water Wetter in the radiator; and wouldn't hesitate to buy an aftermarket aluminum radiator...if there was one and it was under $1k. AR had made one, but I don't think they plan on producing it anymore.
You can see what I wrote about the one I got from them in the thread in my signature - I wouldn't really recommend it. They seem to still make them though, but on special order apparently.

Alpina_B3_Lux