View Single Post
      03-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #50
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Ive always been a Jap bike man and could never have imagined riding a BMW back in the day, especially on track - but i have to say it blows my Gixers out of the ball park on track - im still a huge Suzi fan but im now fully converted!! To be fair, even on the day itself at Cadwell i had so many people asking me about the BMW, telling me how awesome it looked etc and every time i parked it up on the paddock stands by the time i went back to it there would be guys around it taking pictures - so a nice feeling to know youve got one of the best bits of kit in the paddock its just a shame that the rider isnt quite up to the challenge.... (yet!)

And no i didnt bother with the new genny or tyre warmers because i knew it would be so cold that it would be pointless - in fact i was regularly checking one of the other ACU racers tyres through the day, he was running tyre warmers but his tyres were COLDER coming back into the pits than they were going out after coming off the warmers - regardless of how good/fast you were you simply couldnt "safely" generate enough heat into your tyres on track - the ambient and track temps were so low.