View Single Post
      04-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #105
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

UPDATE!

Ok so time for an update to this thread. I was considering a supercharger but decided to go a different route due to all the tuning issues a lot of guys have had with getting my mod combo to work with superchargers on the n52. Also my car is already as quick as all the supercharged 328i cars I’ve seen posted on YouTube and still completely reliable.

So I rejected the idea of the SC for now at least. I don’t want to take a chance with affecting reliability at all. So having kind of thought I would take it a little father and planned on spending some $$ I went a different direction and started focusing on weight loss.

I didn’t want to take anything from the interior or strip out the car. So I’m focusing on weight loss outside the cabin only. Keeping the tools and all trunk liners, all the seats. Nothing that would compromise the cars use as a daily driver or it’s focus as being the “328is”.

So here’s where I’m at and where I’m headed...

As of where this thread left off I might have added 15lbs with the LSD, 5lbs with the oil cooler, and maybe 10lbs with the front brakes. So probably added 30lbs total to the stock car.

Then I figure I removed probably 60lbs of wheel/tires, 30lbs exhaust, and maybe 5lbs between manifold and Airbox. So removed about 95lbs total from the stock car.

Subtotal for Round 1 Mods which is everything above this post is approximately 95-30 = 65lbs loss from the stock weight. (-65lbs)

———————————————

Now I’m starting Round 2 mods and currently being installed:

Seibon Stock Look Hood to be Painted Alpine White -17lbs

Seibon CSL Trunk to be Painted Alpine White -13.5lbs

M3 Composite Front Bumper Carrier -8lbs

M3 Composite Rear Bumper Carrier -12lbs

Odyssey PC680MJ 15.5lbs battery -43.5lbs

SUBTOTAL For Round 2 Mods vs Stock = (-94lbs)

———————————————

Round 3 Mods will likely be installing a salvaged M3 Carbon Roof which takes off 44lbs vs a steel roof with sunroof. (I’m also debating a carbon sunroof delete panel which saves 30lbs, but don’t quite care for it and don’t feel it fits the build of an OEM plus/how bmw would have built it version of a 328is.)

Round 3 Mods = (-44lbs)

———————————————

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS

Round 1 = -65lbs
Round 2 = -94lbs
Round 3 = -44lbs

GRAND TOTAL = -203lbs

So once all these mods are completed I’m expecting to have the car down over 200lbs from the stock weight (which for my build should have been approx 3250lbs).

This would get the car lighter than and with a better power to weight ratio vs a stock e46m3, all while still being naturally aspirated. My car will also still have all its original creature comforts and OEM utility.

Last edited by Biginboca; 04-02-2020 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 7