Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevisoft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
Are you doing the following procedure?
1)open valve, then depress clutch

2)close valve, then release clutch

3)Repeat steps 1 & 2 until no more air comes out of the tube attached to the bleeder valve.

4)Check reservoir and add fluid as needed.

Try the instructions on this site:
http://www.billswebspace.com/BMWCDVMod.html

Let us know if that helps!
I just wanna start off by saying thank you for taking time to try to help me.

Anyway my replacement slave cylinder came in today and after setting all of it up I stepped away from using the power bleeder and did it the old fashion way with a friend. After what it seemed like it was finally not giving any issues out of nowhere the slave cylinder broke again. My friend told me it was getting harder and harder to fully press down on the clutch until kaboom.. a leak.

I spoke with a mechanic and he informed me that it had something to do with the pressure plate. Does this sound about right?
No problem, I like to help where I can and learn along the way.

It could be related to the pressure plate as your Tech said. Here is a product you might want to consider purchasing & installing along w/the new cylinder if you chose to try installing it yourself again:

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogu...Pin_p_235.html

If you went ahead and had your Indy perform it, you probably wouldn't need the Rogue Engineering slave pin. I think $350 sounds reasonable, and can understand your frustration at this point for sure, so having him do it isn't a bad call at all.
Appreciate 0