View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #264
ruben_17non
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 LCI / BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
I did not code mine. I am using it as-is, with coding from the donor.
There are a few options to code it:

*Connect ZGW with KCAN3. Connect ICAM to KCAN3. Send wakeup. It should be visible in E-Sys.

*Connect CAN-bridge between ICOM/K-DCAN and ICAM. Use CAN-bridge to wake the ICAM. ICAM should be visible with 'Read ECU'

*Connect K-DCAN or ICOM CAN straight to KCAN2, with ICAM on it. ICAM should be visible with 'Read ECU'

*Connect K-DCAN or ICOM CAN straight to ICAM on bench. Use USB-CAN adapter or a microcontroller to send wakup CAN messages. ICAM should be visible with 'Read ECU'

I was honestly too lazy to go through any of the steps above. I may do that later since my trajectory lines are far from real trajectory.

For cutout, I've made a 150mmx38mm rectangle in Visio. I've attached masking tape over regular paper and printed on top of that. Then I've detached masking tape with a rectangle from the paper and applied it as a template to the trunk opening. The most difficult part was not cutting out the opening, but actually painting the inside edges of the cutout. I've had to get plumbers brush and bend it to reach the internal edges.

There are two kinds of F15 trunk boot handles that are out there. The older kind, that is made in Germany and the newer kind from Eastern Europe. The part number is the same, but the retaining clip is incompatible - it is diagonal on the later boot. The late model boot (not made in germany) is much easier to fit to the custom opening, because of different retaining mechanism.
Please can explain how connect?
i know for coding EVO, it need gateway connection with fixed ip in laptop and enet wire

i not remeber good, but i think one day try connect icom, for read evo or icam module and not visible.

you choose dcan conection in esys or what?
Thanks
Appreciate 0