05-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #164
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I'll start out saying that deletes and a tune are the only way to keep this car reliable long term.
Of note, I'm not sure if anyone had a tried and true tune that deletes egr and maintains the other abc's. Meaning lots of proven miles. Although I could be wrong
Thanks for the response, Mark! The EGR is a given in my mind as BPC will be doing the CBU cleanup pretune. The long-term reliability of the other components gets a bit more nebulous as I've not had any issues (yet) but would be my primary reason for going Stage II+.

I've always liked the fact that the car has such drama-free acceleration/power and keeps people guessing on diesel status. Its also one of the few I've had which my wife has enjoyed post-"tuning" (the goal with anything that has been done was to improve reliability and maintain the luxury-sport-efficiency ratio of the car without letting it get out of balance in any given direction--and defaulting to stock for anything questionable). Personally, I'd rather have a semi-sleeper that catches people off guard than a screamer that is just a bit faster.

Your comments put my mind at ease to some extent. I don't mind if the car is noticeably a diesel, but--being in the Sustainability industry--the more Greenie clients may (will) frown upon any blatantly excessive poluting (also the wife is pretty sensitive to smells and has been known to get headaches in my previous straight-piped vehicles). The turbos in any videos I've seen are quite audible (appealing except for the whole client thing) but it may just be the audio/recording quality. Is it significantly louder from within the cabin?

Stage II+ is so appealing as a it really appears that BPC has provided us domestically with a very solid option for all of our wish list alphabet soup eliminations (with stellar service to boot).

BPC crew, do you have a recommendation for an in-downpipe High flow diesel Cat? Is this recommended for those concerned with smell? Thanks, as always!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 05-08-2017 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0