View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #40
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418 View Post
Yes I can feel the click everytime I try to replicate it.

I have a strange feel at both low and high speeds - no counterforce in the middle part of steering. Doesn't feel like a BMW. Not tight, not responsive, just shitty overall. It's progressively getting worse - I want it to get even worse so that the dealer wouldn't give bs such as "cannot replicate."

I had alignment last week too so alignment is not the problem. Tire pressures are good. Yes I have coilovers but definitely not related as I had this symptom long before coilovers. More like, coilovers should've made the steering weight/feel better compared to the crap BMW x-drive suspension.

Will be visiting the dealer in few weeks... I'll update this thread.
Kind of an update:

I took it to the dealer and at first they could not replicate it. They reset the steering sensors which stiffened up the steering but I still had the clicking feel/noise. After this I went back and went on a test drive with tech and he was able to replicate it . He said it feels like the click is coming from the steering shaft - which fits in with what OP said. Car is going back tomorrow morning. I will update again
Appreciate 0