08-22-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
csquared013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic metallic 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by houbmw View Post
I would take it to a ahop that know what they are doing bro- i got my windshied changed a few times and there should be no gap between the windshield and the COWL. If there is, water and dirt/dust/leaves can accumalate and build up, causing your interior to be flooded. Ask me how I know. Please make sure that there is no gap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Same thing happened to me--the replacement glass did not come with the strip on the bottom that clips to the cowl to hold it snug. Don't drive in the rain, water will leak inside the cabin and ruin your blower motor too.

I don't have the P/N on hand but a few mins of searching and it's not hard to find. Take it back and make them redo that ish't.

Welllll... shit...

Immense thanks to both of your for getting back to me, even though your posts confirmed my fears with the job lol.

Budget is tight to get the car right again since it's my second vehicle that I just don't want to part with but I suppose I need to pony up the cash and have it done right because water anywhere it shouldn't be isn't something I'm willing to tolerate or fix down the road.

It's doubtful dealing with the original installer will yield me any better of a result that I'm stuck with now so I'll go grab a quote from a well known shop this week and report back on the damage to my unemployed wallet.

Thanks again for both of your help!
Appreciate 0