View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #23
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Only you know your financial situation so I won't comment on that part. Having said that, I'm in a similar boat with my 328i and having thoughts about getting something faster.

The thing is, all the 2017 cars are getting MAJOR interior refreshes in all brands. The new E class, new Audis, new Jags.. the interiors are all sick. That holds me back from going and getting a CPO c63 or e92 m3 that look dated in comparison (dated already means very dated in one year, which means huge depreciation hit). You know how cars make a sea change in design / perceived generation once in 5-7 era, that's happening now. Think e46 to e90 change. Because of this interior refresh alone, I'll stay away from current Audi and Merc. I do have my sights set on the new s4 though.

But a few options might work:
- Mustang GT : the thing is properly quick, fun and actually handles well now.
- Do you drive stick? If so, STI.
- CPO Cayman? These never go out of style and are a hoot to drive.

If you wanna really cheap out, 370z! Fun doesn't get cheaper than that. Get it (used)for 20k, hoon, who knows you may even sell it back for 20k next year. Get stick, of course.

Myself though, I'm gonna hold out for the 2017 s4 and see if f80 m3 drops in price more. It will be one of these.