Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
So I've had some issues with my left eye for the past few years, central serous retinopathy which is like a blister on your retina. Yesterday I go to have this checked out again and was informed that I need glasses. I'm 41, I have been pretty rough on my body throughout the years and it's to be expected, no big deal. When I was told I needed bifocals, it instantly started the mindset of being "old." I realize there are younger people than I am with bifocals I suppose it's just a mental stigma of mine.

Being new to needing glasses, I'm curious to those who currently wear them. What are your conditions that require glasses? What kind of adjustment period did it take to get comfortable with them? What type, style or brand do you wear? Most importantly, where do you buy them? I almost had a heart attack yesterday when I was told how much they would cost before insurance, still had a bit of sticker shock after insurance.

I opted to go ahead and have the office that had been working with my retinopathy to order my lenses and they should be here in about 2 weeks. I went with Oakley Airdrops in grey shadow with the digital bifocals and whatever anti-glare, scratch resistant, bs they sold me but was told they would be pretty much indestructible. Curious to hear anyone else's experience with getting acclimated to their new eyes.
What a refreshing thread...no one is arguing or calling each other names.
Hush 4-eyes