02-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #170
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
After reading this thread, i believe it is safe to say that this 'mod' would not have an ill affect on the car. I am curious as to why nobody has brought up one point. Although this 'mod' shouldnt give the car any power, it is still removing that HOT air being forced back into our intake. Just comon sense tells me that it should benefit the car in some way (although prolly not enough to claim added power) by removing that HOT air from your intake. Just my 2cents.
Because hot air is better then no air. If the air were released into the atmosphere it would drop the boost. The diverter valves help keep the turbo spooling inbetween gears.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0