02-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #295
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaultiere View Post
Where did you find it for so cheap?

I basically read through most of the similar threads and gathered the following info.

-Ansauggeräuschdämpfer is a German search term for eBay.de . You kinda go at it and hope you get lucky with additional search terms.
-130i- Euro car has the filter box you need. Also, you can search for intake muffler.
-A lot of Euro 3er with the N5x* engine variant had this filter box.

-I searched ebay Spain, UK, Australia. I even contacted BMW dealer in the UK (sponsor here), but it was more expensive than ECS Tuning. Some listings clearly said will not ship to the USA. Heck, there was a sketchy company in Latvia that would sell it to me at retail if I gave them my social security number. LOLOLOLOL.

So what I ended up doing was finding a listing for a 325 (wagon) filter box in Germany but on the Ebay Spain site that listed the VIN. The part is obviously used and from a a dismantler in Germany. I dropped the Euro VIN in realoem.com and checked that it showed 13717555287. Also, based on the pictures it looked like the right part and included the round cone filter (I am not going to use. I will buy a new one).

I also pulled up my VIN on realoem.com and studied the two drawings side by side and realized that every other "accessory" on the filter box is the same as the US version. I'm talking clamps, elbows, pipes, etc. We all know the MAF sensor is different, and you should use the one you have.

The DHL paket International parcel box shipped on Friday and is now here in Chicagoland somewhere per dhal tracking. It might get delivered Tuesday. I have no idea if DHL will deliver or transfer USPS.

I found the Euro BMW performance intake from Australia for ~$540 USD shipped. This I just got REAL lucky.

Why did I do all this? Was it for the HP gains? Nope. Its still a 328 daily driver. I did it for fun to pretend to be a hardcore enthusiast. Swapping out the filter will be a lot easier.

I'm already working on getting everything I need for he 3-stage manifold conversion.

Last edited by arciga18; 02-19-2017 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Details
Appreciate 2