10-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
04gto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm planning a family trip to Disney world California early next year, flying out with Canadian airways.. my lad would love Cars land.....

Long story short the travel agents suggested beyond Disney land itself there was not much to do for kids in CA and there were lots of areas to avoid - I know of no one that's been.... any of you guys been at all?

Undecided whether to book CA or travel agent advised as alternative Disney Paris for Xmas.

?
I live in Los Angeles 40 miles from Disneyland. Sounds to me like your travel agent was trying to either sell you something else that would maybe make them a better % (they are very similar to car salesman after all) or they have never been to Southern California. There are just as many things here to to for kids as anywhere I have ever been. For starters if you really want to be super dad and score a lot of points with the family you can take them right up the freeway to Knotts Berry Farm while you are there, they might even like it better than Disneyland (my family does). You can also take them to any of a number of beautiful beaches, waterparks (also at Knotts), Angel stadium to see Monster trucks, supercross or who knows what when you are here. You can also find places to go horseback riding, sailing, hiking or ride bikes on the beach. And these are just the stuff off the top of my head. Depending on how many days you are here, you can come up to Los Angeles and see all the Museums (many of the best are free) or if your family really likes roller coasters you can take them to 6 flags Magic Mountain.