Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Resurrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Hmm I don't think so. I take it this was a bricked FRM3 you are trying to read? Maybe the EEPROM is just corrupted? Your p-flash reads ok? Have your tried writing new EEPROM?
Hooray! Success!
Thank you very much for your advice. Much appreciated!
You were correct, the EEPROM was corrupted (as expected). Xprog even gave me a message towards that (duh). Just clearing it and writing a good dump to it worked fine.

You were also correct that XTAL and XCLKS is not needed. In fact, it is counter productive as after doing that and lifting the XTAL pin, somehow the reset of the security doesn't work anymore. Xprog reports "can't connect to BDM" when selecting that. However, it does communicate fine with chip, just on it's own clock rather than the boards crystal.

It also turned out that the Secure mode of Xprog is not needed. I later selected the normal MC9S12XE mode and it wrote to EEprom and Program Flash just fine. However, my Xprog did give me a lot of problems reading either one without mismatches in the verify stage. Don't know why. But restarting Laptop every now and then helped.

By the way, my FRM is using a MC9S12XEQ384 (Mask 3M25J).
I also repaired a friends FRM which used the same chip. You sure the original post is not a typo?

Thanks again, mate. Cheers!
Appreciate 3