View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #69
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Finally, I finished my 335i brake upgrade.

The rear driver side caliper was giving me trouble and wasn't gliding smoothly, which completely ruined pads and rotor. They were done anyway, but this was terminal, so I had to act.
I think you'd agree:

The rotors look more dramatic than they are due the car sitting for a little bit.

Found a set of 335i caliper in good shape, so I cleaned them up, removed pistons, painted them with Dupli-Color caliper paint, installed new seals and dust boots and got new brake hoses and they were ready to go:

I couldn't safely disconnect the rear brake line at the hard line connection, so I just screwed the rear caliper onto the existing line. I'll leave those to a shop if they ever start leaking.

I installed Brembo Premium coated rotors and Ceramic pads.

The results:

I also changed the cabin filter:

And back in summer mode!

I bled them with Motive Bleeder and went for a proper bedding run. However, I recall my pedal was firmer than it is now. The car stops very well, I must say - much better than the old brakes. But the pedal is very soft on the initial bite. It does not sink to the floor, but I wonder what I did wrong. Shall I re-bleed again? Despite changing calipers, I only collected about 700ml of old fluid after the flush. There were no bubbles left coming out and I don't see any leaks.
Any pointers?
Appreciate 3
oVeRdOsE.2716.00
CDirks135.00