View Single Post
      02-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
Wait, so is this basically the M3 lower control arm we're seeing? I know that the rear shocks are different, the lower mounting points are as pictured with the shock/damper installed. I've never actually went to look at the M3 LCA though.

For current non-M owners though that would mean getting at least a different set of rear shocks that are M3 specific, right?

And really, not to throw fuel into the fire, but I remember seeing these from Turner. It utilizes the stock 335i LCA, but you take out the rubber shock mount and use these solid ones: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html..._ID=TSU9006RU2. They have a matching upper RSM to match too. Just something to ponder.

In addition to Orb's reply...Those are meant for racing only and will transmitt much more impact harshness and noise to the cabin, not to mention you must purchase a race damper using Spherical Bearing or Rod-End to complete the install.
Appreciate 0