#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334

Personally, I am running a Deka/East Penn Sports Power ETX-30L Battery ($103.99). I used XS Power 586 Tall Brass Post Adaptors (M6 Thread). The Deka ETX-30L is rated 400CCA @ 28.6Ah(20HR) and is a 21lb AGM type battery. EDIT: I now run a PC925. Both these batteries crank the car strong, but I would not recommend ever using anything weaker!

My 2011 E82 did not have a charging map listed in the CAS module for anything less than 80ah AGM. Therefore, this is what I chose when I coded my car (initially). There are people that have reported seeing options in the CAS module for as low as 40ah AGM. I believe updating to a newer CAS ZB software may provide more options. Or, maybe the additional options are only available in the CAS module for higher end models like 335is E92's? I can only speculate as to why some people have more settings available than others.

I ended up using Carly to code my battery again. Even though the lowest setting I found in the CAS module was 80ah AGM, Carly provided a 36ah AGM option. After using Carly to code my new battery, INPA does indeed confirm (see appendix D) the charging system is using a 36ah AGM charging map, or at least INPA recognizes that's what Carly set it to.
[B]

What exactly does Carly do that can't be replicated with bmw tools and istaD? Cuz i cant set mine to anything under 70, and it's 61
Appreciate 0